We all want to lose that belly fat at some point in our lives and it’s actually to your benefit when you lose it. The more belly fat you have the higher the chances of you getting heart disease and type 2 diabetes to name a few.
To lose belly fat here are a few tips you can use:
1. Why not start eating high fiber foods, they make you eat less as they make you feel full by absorbing water and forms a gel that slows food down as it passes through your digestive system.
2. Are you stressed? Don’t let it tie you down look for an outlet. When you are stressed your body produces the “stress hormone” that increases your appetite and directs abdominal fat storage. So look for something that relaxes you and can enjoy during your free time to help reduce any stress you’re feeling.
3. What better way to lose belly fat than to do exercise. Why not join your local gym and join their aerobics class. Cardio exercises have been proved to reduce calories and increase your health and is the most effective. The intensity of the work-out doesn’t really matter but it mainly depends on the time you spend exercising.
4. How long you sleep is important. Try and sleep at least 7 hours a night. A study showed that the people who slept for only five hours began to gain weight compared to those who slept at least seven hours. Sleep apnea has also been connected to increase in belly fat.For those that might have a sleep disorder or sleep apnea it is important to get it treated.
5.Reduce your alcohol intake it increases your belly fat when taken in large amounts. In small amounts alcohol it is actually healthy.
6. Reduce your sugar intake, since sugar contains fructose which has been connected to increase in belly fat and other chronic diseases when it’s taken in excess. Even natural sugar, like honey, should be taken in moderation.
7. Keep track of your exercise and food intake. Keeping a food dairy or food app helps you keep from consuming more calories than your body needs and it has been shown to be very effective for people who want to lose weight.
These are but a few of the methods you can try in your endeavor to lose belly fat. Pick one that best suits you or use a combination of techniques to get to your goal.